Sunday, August 23, 2009

Releasing the Egomotion

Ok, so maybe egomotion isn't a word, but to me it symbolizes something essential to look at when we are look towards correcting our perception and living in Truth.

So what excatly is egomotion?

To me we exude two emotions, the emotion that comes from a place of Love and Oneness, and then we have a gamut of emotions that come from a place of ego. Those ego emotions can be disguised in many different ways, anger, fear, sadness, resentment, jealousy or even an infuriating feeling... All of those emotions that stem from the ego are what I call egomotions.

We have these little egomotions pop up all the time, being in these human bodies and experiencing the ego, (for that is what it means to be human afterall) we can't help but have egomotions come up to us. The thing we have to observe and work with is how we deal with them.

Dealing with our emotions can seem like a daunting task, seriously! I know people that just seem out of control with their emotions, ranging from happiness to negativity and everything in between. It really doesn't have to be a difficult task to undertake though, it is actually pretty simple.

To me, the way I can bring this control into play with my emotions is when I feel anger, frustration etc come over me, I bring my attention to the now. A question that I ask myself is, "What am I experiencing now?"

I don't know about you, but my mind wanders to many different areas throughout the day. Maybe you can call it a wandering mind, deep thoughts, it goes all over. Sometimes those thoughts go to something that happened in the past, and wow, that can really affect me! How do you deal with feeling embarassed in the 3rd grade when you tripped in front of your classmates? Sure that happens, but when you think about the situation that made you feel embarassed, is that affecting you right now?

How about how you felt angry when you found out someone lied to you. (I know that one is a toughie) Ask yourself though, why were you angry that the person lied to you?

Because you were afraid or hurt? Hmmm...

All these egomotions really boil down to fear, they have to, the ego only knows fear. The ego has its place in ourselves, if it didn't, we wouldn't need our bodies, we would be in total Spirit form,,, but how much of those egomotions do you allow to be part of your experience?

So what is the alternative to feeling these egomotions? For me the alternative is realizing that everything has its place in this world, nothing is ever wrong or bad, it just is. We can realize that there is nothing to gain when we focus our right now on feeling negative, all that does is keep us in the ego for a longer time.

The truth of the matter is that we only have right now, so how are you spending it? Focused on the ego, or the Loveeeeeeee?!

Blessings and thoughts, Starlene

No comments:

Welcome to my Blog!


My name is Starlene, thanks for visiting my blog!

I like to write about different metaphysical topics such as astrology, reiki, love, gemstone & crystals, how to live an inspired life and other spiritual topics. I own several websites that you can check out under the links to the side of the blog.
I am a full time self-taught entrepreneur. I teach Reiki, offer intuitive readings, an a professional astrologer, I give astrological consultations. I am a metaphysical gemologist and a jewelery designer.

I also have a radio show about these kinds of things that you can tune in to! Basically my work online is similar to one of those crystal-metaphysical shops that you find around town, only I do it all online!

Feel free to comment on my blog and or contact me if you have any questions about the things I write about. I am not an expert on everything but I do know a lot of things about many subjects. It has been my passion in life to explore and understand the metaphysical world and in doing so I share some of what I have learned through this blog!


Welcome and Namaste, Starlene Breiter RMT