Wednesday, October 3, 2007

What is a Chakra?

Below is the article I wrote about all of the chakras. You can read the article below and click on the individual names of the chakras to read more specifically about each one!
Have fun!
Star

What is a Chakra?

Chakra is a Sanskrit word that means wheel or spinning ball.

The chakras are parts of our spiritual bodies. We have three bodies, we have our physical body that we can all touch and feel, the emotional/mental bodies that we all feel on the inside and a "less known" but much more important (in my opinion) a spiritual body. I believe it is much less known or understood because it is more subtle, more delicate then our physical or mental/emotional bodies.

There are 7 main chakras in our spiritual bodies, some say we have an eighth
main chakra in our ears as well. We have lots of other little chakras in our bodies
that some called meridians, they are what acupuncturists deal with when creating channels throughout our bodies. So the thought and idea of these chakras is not some "new age" idea or newly discovered thing. In fact I believe it is because of the age we are in that people are becoming more and more aware of their spiritual bodies as we evolve.
The 7 main chakras in our bodies all govern certain areas of our physical and
emotional self. I will go in more depth about each one of them on each individual
chakra page, just click on each name of the chakra below to find more information about each chakra.

Root chakra ~ governs your ability to feel safe and connected to this earth. When this chakra is out of order one will feel insecure, not safe, not taken care of, I find lots of people have this trouble with their root chakra and in my opinion we need the root to be strong otherwise all the other chakras have a problem being on a shaky foundation.

Sacral Chakra ~ governs your sense of taste, smell, sensuality, sexual and
reproductive organs, it also governs the pancreas, spleen and intestines. When
the sacral chakra is unbalanced one can have problems in any of these physical
areas or have trouble with their own sexuality.

Solar Plexus ~ governs your connection to "the other side", it is also said that an
ethereal cord is connected from our physical bodies and our spiritual bodies
through the solar plexus chakra. This chakra also governs the "me" part of your
personality it is the center of personal power, ambition, intellect, astral force,
desire. If the root is your foundation and the sacral your senses then the solar
plexus is how you identify yourself.

Heart Chakra ~ governs our emotions and feelings. The heart also governs our
actual physical heart, when someone has heart dis-ease it is likely they
unresolved have emotional issues as well.

Throat Chakra ~ governs our voice and creativity. The throat chakra when open
someone will have the ability to speak their truth without worry and express
themselves well.

Third Eye or Brow Chakra ~ governs out psychic sense and visions. When this
chakra is open and working properly we will likely be very in-sync with other and
things around us.

Crown Chakra ~ governs our connection to "Our Creator" however it is you define
"Our Creator" usually this chakra is either open or closed, there is not usually an
in-between.

No comments:

Welcome to my Blog!


My name is Starlene, thanks for visiting my blog!

I like to write about different metaphysical topics such as astrology, reiki, love, gemstone & crystals, how to live an inspired life and other spiritual topics. I own several websites that you can check out under the links to the side of the blog.
I am a full time self-taught entrepreneur. I teach Reiki, offer intuitive readings, an a professional astrologer, I give astrological consultations. I am a metaphysical gemologist and a jewelery designer.

I also have a radio show about these kinds of things that you can tune in to! Basically my work online is similar to one of those crystal-metaphysical shops that you find around town, only I do it all online!

Feel free to comment on my blog and or contact me if you have any questions about the things I write about. I am not an expert on everything but I do know a lot of things about many subjects. It has been my passion in life to explore and understand the metaphysical world and in doing so I share some of what I have learned through this blog!


Welcome and Namaste, Starlene Breiter RMT